The D/D Archetype certainly look a HUGE hit upon the release of MR4, forcing the deck to reduce their swarming considerably. Despite this, D/Ds are still good enough to be usable. They won’t win any tournaments but they won’t go down without a fight either. Here’s the deck list I’ve been using for a while and it can hold its own against the likes of Monarch, ABCs, you name it 🙂
After the list you’ll find an image detailing the entire deck, after which you’ll find potential combos you can use!
DuelingBook download link: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1808975
You can use that link to immediately visit and look at the deck.
Amazon links have been provided for you to pick up any cards you need, you also get a lot of them in the Pendulum Domination Structure Deck.
Most people use eBay or other sites but have a look, you’ll be extremely surprised to see how cheap it is to order from Amazon 🙂
Prices don’t include Raigeki or Solemn cards as they’re more of a privilege than a necessity.
Monsters – 21
- 3 x D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok | Amazon
- 3 x D/D Swirl Slime | Amazon
- 3 x D/D Necro Slime | Amazon
- 3 x D/D Savant Kepler | Amazon
- 3 x D/D Savant Copernicus | Amazon
- 2 x D/D Ghost | Amazon
- 2 x D/D Lamia | Amazon
- 1 x D/D Savant Thomas | Amazon
- 1 x D/D Berfomet (personal choice, can replace with another Lamia) | Amazon
Spells – 13
- 3 x Allure of Darkness | Amazon
- 3 x Dark Contract with the Gate | Amazon
- 2 x Dark Contract with the Swamp King | Amazon
- 1 x Pot of Desires | Amazon
- 1 x Foolish Burial | Amazon
- 1 x Monster Reborn | Amazon
- 1 x One for One | Amazon
- 1 x Raigeki | Amazon
Traps – 6
- 1 x Dark Contract with the Witch | Amazon
- 1 x Solemn Judgement | Amazon
- 1 x Solemn Warning | Amazon
- 1 x Bottomless Trap Hole | Amazon
- 1 x Drowning Mirror Force | Amazon
- 1 x Heavy Storm Duster | Amazon
- 3 x D/D/D Flame King Genghis | Amazon
- 2 x D/D/D Oracle King d’Arc | Amazon
- 1 x D/D/D Dragonbane King Beowulf | Amazon
- 1 x D/D/D Wave Oblivion King Caesar Ragnarok | Amazon
- 2 x D/D/D Cursed King Siegfried | Amazon
- 1 x D/D/D Gust King Alexander | Amazon
- 1 x D/D/D Gust High King Alexander | Amazon
- 1 x D/D/D Super Doom King Bright Armageddon | Amazon
Link Format Extra Deck if needed
Same as above but take out 3 depending on the deck you’re facing and add:
Example first hands
The below hand doesn’t look too good..
What if I told you, you could reduce your opponent’s life points from 8000 to 300 in your first turn with this hand?
Let’s activate “Allure of Darkness” and banish “D/D Necro Slime” as you don’t need it right now, drawing 2 cards.
Now summon “D/D Savant Kepler” and add “Dark Contract with the Gate” to your hand.
Activate “Dark Contract with the Gate” and add “D/D Swirl Slime” to your hand.
Use the effect of “D/D Swirl Slime” to fuse it with “D/D Savant Thomas”, summoning “D/D/D Flame King Genghis” to the field.
Use the effect of “D/D Swirl Slime” in the graveyard, banishing it to summon “D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok” from your hand.
Activate the effect of “D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok” to summon “D/D Savant Thomas” from your graveyard.
If you can, you can use the effect of “D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok” to tribute “D/D Savant Kepler” and banish an opponent’s monster.
XYZ summon using “D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok” and “D/D Savant Thomas” to make “D/D/D Super Doom King Dark Armageddon”.
Effect of “D/D/D Flame King Genghis” activates due to a D/D monster being special summoned, allowing you to summon “D/D Savant Kepler” from your graveyard.
Detach “D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok” to activate the effect of “D/D/D Super Doom King Dark Armageddon”, destroying up to 2 monsters your opponent controls.
Activate “Monster Reborn” to summon “D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok” from the graveyard.
Set “Heavy Storm Duster”.
At this point, your opponent should have no monsters on the field, allowing you to attack directly with all 3 monsters for 7700 damage!
You can choose to summon “D/D/D Duo-Dawn King Kali Yuga” instead of “D/D/D Super Doom King Dark Armageddon” if your opponent has some pesky spell/trap cards. The max life point damage you’d be able to deal is only 5500 however.